Experienced Forensic Accountants Serve as Expert Witnesses and Trial Consultants
Poised and confident testimony supports comprehensive reports on the financial aspects of your case
Most civil lawsuits seek compensation for an alleged wrong. But proving that the wrong occurred and that the defendant is liable only gets plaintiff counsel so far. If you’re going to obtain fair compensation, you must also be able to calculate the amount of economic damage your client suffered within a degree of professional certainty. Likewise, defense counsel, having lost on the issue of liability, can still do the client a great service by proving damages are much lower than the plaintiff is demanding. At North American Forensic Accounting PC, we provide specialized forensic accounting support, so clients, attorneys, and the trier of fact knows how much a case is worth. We provide detailed reports that the trier of fact can easily understand, and we stand behind our work, testifying about our processes and conclusions. In some cases, such as accounting malpractice or a breach of fiduciary duty, we can even present the evidence you need to answer the question of negligence. NAFA’s leaders are certified experts in financial forensics. We draw on decades of experience to thoroughly evaluate financial records to uncover the solid evidence you need to fully understand your case.
NAFA expert witnesses support a variety of cases
NAFA’s skilled forensic examiners function as expert witnesses or as trial consultants for a wide range of civil lawsuits in state and federal court, including:
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Business torts and anticompetitive practices
- Business interruption claims
- Corporate bankruptcy
- Distribution of assets in divorce proceedings / business valuations
- Employment discrimination
- Fraud and embezzlement
- Insured loss disputes
- Personal injury and wrongful death
- Probate litigation
- Professional malpractice
- Sexual harassment claims
- Shareholder derivative lawsuits
- Trade secret theft and trademark infringement
- Wage and hour disputes
- Wrongful termination
When you have a case that requires financial analyses, the forensic accounting experts at NAFA can conduct the analyses, produce the report, and testify credibly to bolster your case.
Flexible services scaled to fit your needs
NAFA’s forensic specialists assist attorneys at various stages of litigation as either expert witnesses or trial consultants:
- Making the most of discovery — The evidence you need is locked somewhere in the defendant’s financial records. The defendant would love to flood you with irrelevant documents to keep you busy and distracted. NAFA helps you make specific demands for production. We also help in the drafting of interrogatories, suggesting direct questions that can lead to the pertinent data your case requires.
- Reviewing discovery — After the opposing party answers your interrogatories and produces documentation, our NAFA specialists can help you interpret and understand the technical financial aspects of those responses.
- Preparing depositions — We help attorneys prepare for depositions by suggesting what questions to ask, explaining accounting terminology and practices, and reviewing the professional standards for performance in accounting.
- Deposition review —Our experts read depositions to help attorneys develop their trial strategy, particularly as it concerns economic damage calculations and accounting practices.
- Negotiating a settlement— NAFA provides the data you need to set your negotiation strategy, so you have a range you can accept.
- Trial preparation — Raw financial data can be complex and inscrutable. NAFA helps you incorporate that information into a straightforward and compelling narrative, readily understandable by judge and jury.
- Trial — If your case proceeds to trial, our poised and professional expert witnesses are ready to present credible, unflappable testimony.
NAFA’s knowledge and expertise can benefit you and your clients at various stages of litigation.
Contact North American Forensic Accounting PC for reliable expert witnesses to support your litigation
North American Forensic Accounting PC provides comprehensive litigation support services, which include appearing as expert witnesses or assisting you as a trial consultant. To learn more, call us at 347-286-4860 or contact one of our offices online to schedule an appointment. Headquartered in Harrisburg, PA, NAFA serves clients throughout the United States, including in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York City, Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, and the Tampa Bay Area.